SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dibgar_gw

What can we expect to feel with new shower fixtures?

dibgar
11 years ago

At this point our master shower plan calls for a 5-inch fixed showerhead and a 4-inch handheld. Both are in the Hansgrohe Raindance S series with 3 spray modes. For the valves we will be using the Hansgrohe I-Box and thermostatic trim with volume control and diverter.

Our existing showerhead stared spraying erratically, so we decided to use this opportunity to "test drive" the model we have chosen. We will eventually replace the whole shower; but for now we bought just the handheld unit and hose and mounted it on our existing showerarm. It is mounted so that my husband can use it as if it was a fixed head and I use the handheld feature for a good rinse.

This "test drive" confirmed our choice of the Raindance S model. The 3 modes provide the right amount spray and pressure, at least now when the showerhead is attached to our 30-year old pipes and valves. I am wondering, however, what to expect once we attach this same handheld unit to the new valve and trim. Those will balance the pressure and control the temperature, but will they also alter the way the water feels when it comes out of the shower head? In other words, we like what we are feeling now, but will we be in for a surprise once everything else is in place? Unfortunately, we can not "test drive" the I-Box and trim in the same way that we could try out the showerhead.

Also, we like the way the 4-inch handheld feels. Will the 5-inch fixed head feel less powerful due to the larger diameter? Using the A/B/AB diverter, will we be able to use both fixed and handheld heads at the same time without a noticeable drop in pressure?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH