SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mommyto4boys_gw

Plan Review---Thanks!

mommyto4boys
13 years ago

Would love your input on a plan I've been working on and tweeking for months. This is the latest version and I'd like to see what you think:) A little about us, what we want, what we have lived in & what we don't want, to help you view the plan for our family. We now have 5 boys and live in a 4300 sq. ft custiom (we gc'd) on 1 1/2 arces. We want more acreage and less home (hope 3500 max). Our main floor currently has just under 2800 sq feet & has a formal dining, den and foyer to the front of the house. We have a huge (26X18) kitchen, an additional very large breakfast area, mudroom, laundry room, 1/2 bath off mud, powder room near family room, main floor master. Our current home has an open concept with the kitchen and family room completely open to each other.

Now for the changes, what we want to do a little different this time around. We want a little less of an open floorplan, but rooms connected with open walkways, not completely closed from each other. We have views to both sides and back at the new land. We love the idea of a seperate dining room, attached to the kitchen, but not a fomal (in the front of the house space). We want this room to take the place of a breakfast nook. We are picturing a vaulted room, stone fireplace, windows all around, window seats, very casual, potterybarnish. This room would serve for daily dinners, as well as holidays and Sunday bruch. Most breakfast and lunches (when we aren't eating together) will be at island seating. We appreciate an open staircase and more of a formal foyer to block the "family living" area. We do not want a side door or mudroom entrance from the exterior, we have that now. I detest that everyone uses that entrance and walks thru our mudroom to get into our house. I want visitors to use the front door entrance! This sort of explains some of our rationale before sharing the plan. I'll explain more of what we are thinking as you bring things up! Please go for it, the good, the bad and the WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?!?! The plan is a little hard to read, each box represents 2 feet & I think we are about 2400 sq, ft at this point. Thank you:)

{{gwi:1434702}}

{{gwi:1434703}}

Comments (7)