SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
charlikin

Mixing brands?

charlikin
15 years ago

I completely agree with a previous poster about needing a graduate degree to put together a shower system. I'm finding it even more frustrating trying to identify a complete suite - sink faucet, thermostatic shower system, towel bars, etc. - that does/has everything I want.

Grohe is beautiful, they have thermostatic valve trim in a variety of styles, and I like their handshowers the best. BUT they're expensive, I don't like their toilet paper holders (they're open at one end and I like the closed ones), and they don't even *have* glass shelves in their accessory line (I shudder to think of how much the shelves would cost if they did have them).

Kohler has several lines of faucets and accessories that I like (including closed tp holders and glass shelves), but the sink faucets I like don't have matching thermostatic trim, and I don't like their handshowers as much.

I've looked at other brands and had similar problems. Moen might have all the pieces, but I really wanted ceramic disc valves which I believe Moen doesn't do.

Has anyone here ever mixed fixture brands in their bathroom? I'm looking at using brushed nickel finishes.

Appreciate all advice/ideas!!!

Comments (12)