SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

Can I Play Too????

lynninnewmexico
14 years ago

It's dead here, I know. I had DS's big going away party Sunday evening, which was a great success, but nothing at all noteworthy to show you regarding tablescapes. The food was nice. My best girlfriends all brought food, too, which was lovely. We leave this Friday to drop DS off in Oklahoma City to be inducted :~0 , and we're all just enjoying these last few days together here. Nothing fancy, just good Mom food and time as a family.

But, after enjoying Kathleen's wonderful kitchen makeover pics (I love seeing makeovers of any kind), I thought you might enjoy seeing one more kitchen makeover . . . mine.

Like Kathleen's, mine looked fine . . . from a distance. Up close, though, the cabinets were a chipped and faded mess and their doors were falling off constantly (seriously!). The layout had a too long island and we were constantly bumping into each other in there. We're a family that loves to cook together, but only two could work in there as it was . . . and not efficiently!

So, after 14 years of it, we had the entire kitchen gutted down to it's brick floor and adobe walls. Everything else was new. Not one additional SF of space was added, but I got the kitchen of my dreams. It's bright and pretty (IMHO) but it's VERY practical. Five people can all work in there together and no one bumps into another. We did that again just last Sunday. I almost tripled my storage space and I'm really proud of that.

So, if you're bored and feel like it checking it out, here's a link to it over on RMS. I put it on ages ago, so don't worry about rating it. It's just that I don't have a blog to put it on and this is the only place I could add commentary on why I did what I did in there.

Lynn

"Lynn's Kitchen Reno"

Comments (11)

Sponsored
More Discussions