SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kpowers_gw

Anyone have the Electrolux Icon All Fridge / All Freezer?

kpowers
13 years ago

I know there are a few posts out there about the Electolux 'twins', but I am looking for anyone who has purchased theirs in the last year or so. These units have gotten alot of bad press in the past (2007 and 2008), but they seem to have made improvments in 2009 models. I'm asking because I am currently remodeling my entire kitchen, and I really want to get the Electrolux Icon all fridge/all freezer set up and I do have the space.

Does anyone know if you can buy the 4" riser without the trim kit? If anyone has these units, would it be possible to post some more pictures of these in your kitchen? I am having a hard time visualize a 66" span of stainless. Does anyone have any performance issues to report?

Alternatively, I have also been considering the Icon counter depth FD without the water/ice dispenser (scheduled for release this month or May). As I said, I do have the space for the all fridge/all freezer, but it would be very helpful for me to reclaim 30" for another purpose. I just can't get used to the idea of bending down into a freezer drawer. I have used these in my mom's house and at a friend's, and they seem to go against my sense of order ie everything stacked on top of another. Does anyone have any thoughts, positive or negative, on either the twins or the FD, to help me in my decision making?

Thank you!

Comments (25)