SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

OT....a tough week

Purplemoon
11 years ago

On Tues, I had to say goodbye to one of my beloved Whippets.

Melody was truly one-of-a-kind. I can't even imagine my life without her in it after nearly 13 yrs. She could always make me smile just by looking at her. Such a silly, delightful, special girl. I'm totally heartsick and can't stop crying. On Sunday she was playing with the others and running around the yard (tho she was almost 13, she thought that meant in months...not years!!! She loved to play.

She's had several tumors for some time, but never felt bad at all. Then it was if a switch was flipped and the cancer really hit her late Monday night. She felt bad, and seemed in some pain. There was a large tumor in her abdomen that possibly ruptured.

Taking her to the vet was so hard, coming home without her was harder. I had to sit in parking lot, in hysterics, till they eased enough to drive home. I couldn't stop crying for 2 days.

There will never be a Whippet quite like her. I always told folks if Walt Disney had owned a Whippet, it'd have been Melody. She was a real-life cartoon character!!

hugs, Karen

(the blue color around one eye is from camera for some reason)

Comments (10)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm
More Discussions