SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kaisermust

How to really clean Pergo wood floors?

kaisermust
14 years ago

Have Pergo medium color oak floor in kitchen. Regret going with wood floor now because I can't seem to keep it clean looking. First, I use dry Swiffer sweeper to get up most of the dust bunnies, animal hair and loose dirt. Not bad, but such a pain. Don't dare want to use an upright vacuum with beater brush but is there another vacuum I could use? After Swiffer vacuuming I use a steam mop, the Bissell. Saw it work great on TV but seems to just push dirt around on my kitchen floor. I can see Swirls of dry dirt after the floor dries. For those of you who rave about steam mops what am I doing wrong? Before I got the steam mop I used Bona wood floor cleaner and microfiber mop. Have to say floor looked cleaner with this method but I was always rinsing out the mop head every couple of passes on the floor. Major pain! And now Pergo floor looks dull. Not shiny. Have also tried Bona floor refinisher to bring sheen back. Nothing. For those of you who have Pergo in the kitchen and PETS, how do you keep your Pergo floors looking clean (sweeping AND product cleaning)??? Cleaning is bad enough without having the results look like you just wasted your time. Suggestions, please.

Comments (13)