SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dibgar_gw

Need advice re shower curtain rod -- type, placement, source, et

dibgar
10 years ago

I need advice regarding the curtain rod for our tub/shower combo.

We recently remodeled 3 bathrooms. Our master shower is doorless with neither glass nor curtain, and our expanded "powder room" has a temporary tension rod that we can take down when the new shower is not in use.

In our third bathroom, however, I need a permanent rod and curtain for a standard 60" tub/shower alcove.

Previously we had a fixed straight rod that was mounted on the wall above the old tiles. Now our tile goes up to the ceiling, so we will have to mount a rod on the tile. Because of this, I want to make the right choice before we start drilling into the tile.

I've been thinking of a curved rod. Is there anything we need to consider in making this choice?

Is one brand better than another?

What is the best location (height, placement in relation to the tub edge, etc.)?

Will a curved rod prevent water leaking out at the ends (a real problem with our old straight rod)?

Does a standard size shower curtain and liner work or do we need to buy something special to use with a curved rod?

What is a good source for finding both rods and curtains?

We've had to make so many hundreds of decisions for the remodel. I put off making a choice about the curtain rod until the end, but now is the time to make a decision. Any advice will be welcome.

Thank you. Bonnie

Comments (11)