SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janet1_2007

Hello and an update

11 years ago

Seems like it has been forever since I have posted anything on GW, but I faithfully check in everyday to see what everybody else is up too. Things with us are just up and down. DH has his good days and then he has bad days when he can't seem to remember anything. Today has been a good day, other than being so darn hot. We got to do a little Yard saleing and hit a couple of thrift stores today, it was just to hot outside to do yard or garden work. I came home with sooooo much good stuff that I just couldn't live without and spent under $20 which is my self imposed limit for the day. I got a big ceramic? turkey, thinking fall, Thanksgiving, for $1, A fall harvest plate/candle holder for $3 and when I bought it the lady threw in a large basket of fall potpouri for free. Then I found a large black charger plate that I glued a candle holder that I spray painted black for a Halloween cake stand, (or New Years or an Over the Hill Birthday party. I also sprayed 3 candle holders to match the black and am glueing them to 3 graduated sized black plates to make a halloween or whatever stacking plate for treats or centerpieces. Seems like I am stuck on candle holders, besides the ones for the black plate projects, I bought 2 different sets of stemmed holders, one blue, which I plan to add to my 4th decor $1 each) and a white set which was 1/2 price ($1) on the last day of the Humanne Society Thrift sale.I also got a beautiful frosted glass Christmas tray/platter? for $1 there. Can't decide which it is ,tray or serving platter, but it is huge with a flutted edge around . I also got a cute little hindged basket that I plan to use with flowers and greenery. I also found a large white pillar candle with a finish that looked like grey marble lines running through it.I also got 2 sets of mini blinds, new in box ,$3 for both sets there, and then at GW I found a complete Scrabble game for .50.And a little Christmas book of the Nutcracker story, and a small wooden Bread Bowl with the Give Us This Day verse on it. It needs some tender loving care, sand and refinish or paint? and out of that same $20 DH bought a tool that he wanted(thought he needed). Pretty good for a couple of hours in 98 degree heat, I think. Please keep posting, it is my go to thing when I get so stressed out. Our gang is the best!Everybody have a safe and happy 4th.Blessings to all, Janet

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz
More Discussions