SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ash6181

Bathrooms for children I don't have...

ash6181
15 years ago

I'm in the planning process for a new build. I'm at the point of trying to pick out cabinetry, fixtures, etc. Here's my problem. In our plan, there are two bathrooms dedicated to kids, in addition to a dedicated guest bath. The only problem is, DH and I don't have any children yet, so I'm not sure how to decorate/outfit the bathrooms.

The baths will include a tub/shower unit (I know, I know, a lot of people hate these, but I think they're very practical for a kids bath). My thought was to use a nuetral tile (white hex, a tan color square, etc.), medium tone wood cabinetry, and a nuetral (tan/white) countertop. I would not do tile on the wall yet, just paint. I figured that with a nuetral base, I could then decorate appropriately when the time comes with paint, wall tile, etc.

Alternatively, I had thought of doing wall treatments of something like white subways or beadboard. Before children arrive, these baths will be backup guest baths.

What do you think? Suggestions, other ideas? Anything you would specifically include for a child's bath?

Comments (32)