SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
adrew538

Samsung Induction Range NE599 review

adrew538
11 years ago

Samsung Induction Range NE599 review

I have been using a portable induction cooktop for two years. It has a "cooking time control" fuction. I like those fuctions very much. I was thinking to switch my convectional range to an induction range if it has cooking time control function.
Recently, Sears reduced the price of Samsung NE599 induction range. I went to the Sears store twice to check the features of this range. The sales indicated the range has "Cooking time control" function because, on the middle of the NE599 control panel, there is a "Cooking Time" touch spot. The "Cooking Time" function is just what I want, plus there is a "Delay Start" function. It looks like a very good deal.

However, I was misled by the sales people and the control panel display. After receiving the NE599 I purchased, I started to test the function. I was shocked because there is no "Cooking Time" control for the induction cooking top! the "Cooking Time" control function is just for convectional baking oven only! What a joke! If the function is only for the baking oven, why the display is not "Baking Time"? I can't believe the $2199 priced range dose not have a function what a $79 priced portable one has!

Pro: Induction heating quickly, delay+cooking time function for baking oven.
Con: easy scratched cooking top glass, no cooking time control for Induction cooking zone, clock display too small

Comments (4)