SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wynswrld98

Shower Base with Vanity on right - single threshold? double?!

Wayne Reibold
14 years ago

Doing a master bathroom remodel, shower base will be 42" L x 36" D with tile on left and back walls, glass door on front (24" door with 18" panel to the right of it) and vanity on the right side so the right side would be a combination of tile on the side of the vanity that faces the shower with glass ontop then glass in front of the vanity full height.

My confusion is the single threshold shower bases I'm seeing don't have the acrylic go all the way down to the floor except on the side where the threshold is, otherwise the other sides are wide open.

Since the vanity will be about 22-24" deep and the shower base is 36" deep we're talking about a 12" open area of the shower base at the floor area on the right in front of the vanity. What would I do about that? And that would mean tile would sit on the tile flange on the right for the 22-24" then glass would sit on the tile flange for the front 12-14"?

So if I did all of this my question would be what would I do about the open space where you could look under the shower base in front of the vanity? Perhaps run the floor tile up there to cover it?

I'm guessing others have installed showers like I'm talking whereby a vanity is directly next to the shower and the shower has glass for the open parts of the bathroom.

Thanks in advance!

Comments (2)