SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lachase_gw

No showrooms for bathtubs and can't decide.

lachase
12 years ago

We are at the point to where we HAVE to make a decision about a bathtub for our small bathroom remodeling project. I thought I was certain, soaking tub, but now I am waffling and wondering if I would be happier with an air tub or a whirlpool. I have researched and read everything I can get my hands on (which has kind of made me more confused), but what frustrates me most is that I can't seem to find very many models of bathtubs actually on view anywhere. It is annoying that anyone would have to buy a bathtub sight unseen, particularly when it isn't going to be an inexpensive purchase. I really don't know how they can get by with not having all of their tubs in showrooms somewhere. Do others share my frustrations? I am going to have to go with a 30X60 model or perhaps 32X60. It is a small room with a window too close to the tub area. Can anyone praise or steer me away from tubs? I am considering American Standard Evolution, but I'm afraid of Americast finish and possible chipping. I've thought of Kohler's tea for two, but it is very expensive and the cast iron is really going to be heavy to move into place. I've thought about Cambridge, Am. S., but again, not sure of the Americast finish holding up. I wonder about Acrylic. I like Aquatic Serenity 4, but then read about someone having lots of trouble with the company. Has anyone actually seen any of these tubs in a showroom anywhere? I haven't in my area, at least. I read a quote that said that whirlpools and air tubs end up being more trouble than they are worth. Do those of you who have them agree, or are they pretty reliably built? Thanks!

Comments (11)