SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chuck718

30 inch alcove tub

Charles Anderson
12 years ago

I'm replacing everything inside the studs of my Brooklyn condo's 5'x7' (actually measures an inch less in each dimension) bathroom. Originally this was for my use and I had most things picked out; but plans changed and now I'll be renting the place for a while, and hoping to sell in a better market a few years hence. It really needs the reno: everything's builder grade, ugly, and falling apart including some wall rot.

Current tub, probably 25 years old, is 29" wide and very shallow. I'd planned to replace it with something deeper and more bathworthy. First question: is that worthwhile for rental & resale - how many people who don't obsess over forums here care about 7" vs. 14" to overflow? Or should I just put in a Villager or Princeton? FWIW it's a large fairly unique duplex one bedroom in a hip, pretty pricey neighborhood. Likely occupants/buyers would be a youngish, fairly affluent, creative couple or individual.

Second question: what's available under 32" and say $800, that an adult might bathe in? Kohler Hourglass doesn't seem to have a tiling flange (bad idea, right?). American Standard Colony's apron looks ghastly at least online. There's some nice looking options with four digit prices, but that's not my budget. Jacuzzi Rossi looks like an option. Are there others?

I really don't think I want to go to 32" in such a small room, otherwise the Archer would seem to be a natural: it seems to offer a lot of depth & style for the $$ and would look terrific in the fairly modern apartment.

Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Jacuzzi Rossi

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!