SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
spanky67

I need to cut 1/2' off the end of a 7/8' thick marble curb

spanky67
14 years ago

Am I the only person this stuff seems to happen to??

As the title suggests, my 47 9/16" wide Dark Empador marble curb (7/8" thick) will not fit in my 47 1/2" wide opening on top of my Kerdi curb...imagine that!! Can I run that curb thru my Felker 75 and shave off a 1/2", or am I courting disaster? I've already had 1 of these curbs snap in half (luckily it happened as I was standing in the Sasso Tile showroom shootin' the breeze...They handled it without the slightest hint of hassle...real good guys). Will the saw cut it, or do I need to bring it back to Sasso?

One other question while I've got your attention. I've discovered the joy of laying a basketweave on the floor of the same shower. Unfortunately, it doesn't quite layout as perfectly as those perfect 4" white tiles they use in the Kerdi installation video. The end result is I've got a fairly consistent gap of 1/4" around all 4 sides of the Kerdi drain. How should I fill this gap?

Bill, I blame you for this second question as all I can hear is your voice saying the tile work around a drain is the true sign of a good install :o)

Comments (4)