SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luckygal1

Decorating with Mother Nature

luckygal
14 years ago

We're back in Canada (altho not home yet) after seeing the coasts in WA and OR. Saw lots of new things and enjoyed ourselves. Unfortunately I didn't find lots of dish treasures this trip - I didn't see much I wanted and prices seemed high at the thrift stores we went to. Got some good bargains at a yard sale but mostly 'crafty' stuff, not tableware. I haven't taken pics of anything I bot yet but will take and post some later.

Here's a not very good pic of a beach with the waves rolling in. The waves are totally awesome on the coast of Oregon and I don't say that lightly but not easy (for me) to get a pic showing them! We walked many beaches this trip and found a few agates and interesting rocks which I will decorate with and some common blue mussel shells I'll use for a mirror frame with other shells I have.

This is what we saw this morning thru the mountains before we got back to Canada! It was such a surprise to see snow which had obviously just fallen overnight. It was very pretty but hope it's the last we see til late fall.

The trip was great overall except the weather could have been better as it was often rainy and/or strong winds. I don't think from the comments by residents that this was normal weather for this time of year.

We were not connected to internet much as we stayed mostly in state parks which don't have WiFi. We expected this as we learned before we left that the cell ph0ne system we use everywhere in Canada would be very expensive to use in the US. We liked the state parks tho so only stayed in a couple of private RV parks where there is WiFi. I survived internet withdrawal! LOL

Planning on being home tomorrow evening with a mountain of laundry to do! But I'm looking forward to working in my g@rden and maybe even doing a tablescape eventually when I get organized. AND of course trying to catch up with all your threads I've missed.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
More Discussions