SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laberglund

need help designing mudroom

Laberglund
12 years ago

Hello all,

We've had quite the rollercoaster past few months...first losing our builder, and most recently, finding out we're not able to build the plan we've been working on for months due to budgetary reasons.

We have a new builder now, and we've found a plan that seems to be more in our price range. This is a house he's built before and he gave me two versions of this plan and we are taking bits and pieces of each.

The only thing I DON'T like about the plan is that there is NO ROOM to get anything down into the basement. I'm wondering if there's a way to rearrange/resize the mudroom/kitchen/breakfast area in order to make this space more open.

The following is a portion of the main floor of our plan. There is one change that we've already made that isn't reflected in the following plan. We've added an extra 2ft to the width of the foyer/great room in order to not have the stairs wrap around and make the foyer more narrow. So, now that whole area is 21ft, and the stairs start behind the dining room (which will be used as an office).

I hope I've included enough information here for someone to help me out a bit.

Thanks so much for your time!

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (8)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler