SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mae919

grout should match caulk or am I to picky?

mae919
14 years ago

We are doing a new build in North Carolina. My tile installer had me select the grout color for the bathrooms (we have four). We now have two problems that bother me. In two of the bathrooms the floor of the shower had a different color grout than the shower wall tile and the grout from the floor is slightly overlapped onto the wall grout (about 1/4"). In another bathroom that has a tub the grout color is called "biscuit" by Maepi but the caulk which is also "biscuit" by Maepi is about 3 shades darker than the grout. I wish I knew how to post pictures because both of these situations really stand out to me. Do you think I am being to picky? This is a custom home and my GC has used this installer many time with no problems, however, we had problems in every bathroom. One problem that they are now in the process of correcting was caused when the epoxy grout used on the shower floor was allowed to come in contact with the wall tile which is a natural stone that is not sealed.

My husband thinks we are the only ones to have so many problems with their build. I told him he needs to get on this forum and do some reading. But I digress , so back to my original question "Do you think we are being to picky"?

Comments (18)