SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
madeline616_gw

Miele Owners Pls Help! New Miele DW has terrible odor!

Madeline616
12 years ago

Hi all,

I love my new Miele Diamond, which I've been using for about 3-4 weeks. I cleaned the filter at about 2 and 4 weeks; it had very little in it b/c I rinse well before putting dishes in.

Within the past week, though, I noticed a really foul, strong odor that seems to be coming from the area of the removable filter.

I've taken the filter out and soaked it in hot bleach water, but part of the problem is that in the hole/indentation/reservoir where the filter sits, there is sitting water, and this hole/reservoir with the water sitting in it also stinks.

I'm hoping those with Miele DWs can help...

1) Have you had this problem and do you have a solution?

2) When you remove your filter, does your hole/reservoir where the filter sits have standing water in it?

3) Am I supposed to disassemble this further, meaning after the filter came out, should I also have disassembled part of this reservoir to clean it?

Here's a pic of the reservoir. It's hard to see, but it has an inch of water standing in the round white plastic part. There's a little piece of carrot in there, but otherwise it appears clean. Thanks!!

Comments (34)