SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dakota01

New here - talk to me about windows

dakota01
14 years ago

Just found this site at the right time. I have justed started building a new home. I need all the help and insight from members here that I can get. I really don't have anyone that I can get good construction, material advise from, so I will be posting and reading here a lot.

I have searched the forums and when it comes to windows I find that there are vinyl, wood, wood interiors, aluminum and ?. My builder has spec'd and priced in the Silverline windows. From reading here, I don't see that they are well received. I mentioned to him that I may need to change to another mfg because of the reviews I've read.

He feels they are a good window and are at a good price point.

Since I am downsizing I won't have as many windows,doors in this house as my last. In the past I had Pella windows and was very satisfied. They were metal on the outside and wood interior. I know they weren't the Proline, but I can't remember what series they were.

So, can someone give me alittle direction as to what is a medium grade window. Is it better to go with vinyl, aluminum, fiberglass, ?

I am more than willing to pay to upgrade from the vinyl Silverline windows, but I don't know what I should be looking for in a window/french door/slider.

Comments (13)