SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bettyd_z7_va

just checking in.....

bettyd_z7_va
13 years ago

OK... I just spent an hour doing a chatty post to let everyone know how we are doing and why I haven't been around. Hit a wrong button and it is ALL GONE!

I can tell it is a full moon.

So.. I'll try again. Excuse any typos ( had to take a valium for the muscle spasms in shoulder and neck muscles. Tried to fight it for days and finally gave in.)

I love you all and miss you. I've lurked late night when I fell into bed exausted.

Spring is my favorite time of year. Been shopping for old garden roses and lots of companion plants thanks to the great enablers on the Antique Rose forum. They are just as good at it as y'all are!

Then I've had to dig just about every planting hole on this rocky hillside while trying to keep my balance so I won't fall and roll all the way down into the road!

DH had a blockage due to post-accident surgery scar tissue growth (say that fast 3 times) and had emergency surgery in April. Didn't even make it 2 years. We had been warned by the surgeon that this was a possibility, but it didn't make it any easier for him to go through.

He finally got back to work Monday after being laid off since before Christmas.

DS had after school track practice every day for months and track meets on most week ends. Made it to District, but wasn't at his best after a hard week of strep throat that left him weak and missing too many practices. So... we will make it to state next year I'm sure. He is all arms and legs. It's in his genes. This was his first high school year and he was up against a lot of well seasoned upper classmen.

Anyhoo...That is why I was the only one left to dig all of the holes. Gotta get that hillside planted thickly before the thunderstorms start. Don't want a repeat of the bank washing down into the driveway again this year.

I am never happier than when I drag in after dark filthy and covered in gnat bites after digging, planting and mulching all day.

I just stopped and counted 8 more roses, 7 larger flowers, and 2 trays of assorted plants I picked up at the Master Gardeners sale to get in the ground. Plus 4 on the deck to put into pots.

That isn't counting what I have to divide that has grown too thick in the older garden beds. I love it!

It will have to wait until the shoulder and neck recover.

Just had the Gkids for 5 days while DD flew out to be with her DH (He's been working out of town for weeks) during their anniversary week. Lifting and lugging that precious 21 pound 9 month old bouncing baby boy around may have had a teeenie bit to do with these muscle spasms. Ya think?

I haven't bought any tablescape stuff in months. I got frustrated when I got ready to put away the new Christmas dishes and accessories (including all new mantel swags etc.) and didn't have ANYWHERE to put them.

No attic, basement or shed. Every available space inside is crammed and I have stuff sitting in the floor in the living room. DH isn't strong enough to build anything right now. Also, there isn't a lot of extra $$s for building materials 'till we get back in the groove from the long layoff.

So, that's that, for now.

I put together an Easter tablescape with stuff I had already and wanted to share it with y'all, but I'm pulling my hair out with this new laptop. Can't figure out how to get the pics posted. No cut/paste buttons ANYWHERE! Even my 16 year old DS is scratching his head. Guess I will have to take it back to the store and have their computer Geeks help me.

I probably won't be around much through the summer until it gets too cold to go outside! I will lurk and maybe comment on the beautiful tablescapes when I can.

Love all y'all. You're still my "PEEPS"!

Betty

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz
More Discussions