SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
adel97

Finished kids/guest bath (pics)

adel97
11 years ago

Still need to add plants and some art, but our last bathroom redo is mostly done!

Our second bath was in dire need of an update from its 1985 vintage. The house is contemporary, and because this is the kids/houseguest bath, I wanted clean lines and low maintenance materials. We have all polished nickel in our MB, but went with everything chrome in this one to save some $, and also I like the bling of chrome with this bath. We gutted and updated all the plumbing and electric, too. We kept the layout the same as it's worked well for us.

The floor and tub surround are a marble look, ceramic tile. Vanity is Omega-SoHo style (slab), countertop is Cambria engineered quartz (Fieldstone color), tile is a glass/carrera marble mosaic from glasstilehome.com. All faucetry is Grohe Europlus, Pulls are Amerock "Sleek", Medicine cabinets are Robern. Sconces are RH. The paint color looks better IRL, I can't get the picture to show it as blue/green as it is.

Thanks for all your help and contributions to the board!

old vanity (peeling, laminate)

new vanity

old tub (builder grade drop in)

new tub

I love the niche! We used the same tile as the vanity backsplash, but turned it vertically.

vanity looking out: I love the pulls, so chunky and blingy. Busybee3, if you're out there, I went with your suggestion on knob placement, thanks!

ceramic, carrera look floor tile 18x18

tub surround is same ceramic, carrera look floor tile but in 8x12

Toilet. Not so interesting, but better function and much more water efficient.

Oh, and this is the mockup board I started with. We're happy with the result. Thanks again to all the contributors on this board, this is a great resource.

Comments (18)