SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jessica13_gw

Induction vs gas cooktop

jessica13
13 years ago

I am thinking of getting a Meile 30" induction cooktop with 15" Wolf gas module. It will cost me $4000 for the 2 and plus I would have to get 48" range hood which will cost me more too. I need gas because I use the pressure cooker a lot and need gas as the cookers I have and like are not magnetic. I currently have electric coil which I don't mind and have been able to cook for parties well. I have not had gas and hence am wary about the inconvenience of cleaning. Are the gas grates easy to clean? Does spilled food stick onto the grates and then do you have to clean these heavy grates by scrubbing or is it just wipe with a cloth?

If I go with gas the I would go with Kitchenaid 36" for under $2000. Is it really worth the extra money for the combo? Is gas not that tough to clean? I cook in non stick cookware which is easy to clean. Is the stainless steel cookware just as easy to clean or does food stick to the bottom. With my electric coil range I can put it on the lowest setting and it does a good job with simmering. I have read that induction is better than gas for simmering. What are your experiences? Anyone return induction and go back to gas?

I know there are many threads but I just wanted to get the latest opinion.

This is for a new construction and have to decide soon.

Comments (28)