SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mtimmer_gw

Does an induction cooktop need a less powerful vent?

mtimmer
10 years ago

Yet another question on induction as my wife and I try to land on a consensus about induction versus gas: would the venting requirement be less in CFMs for the induction?

FYI, this cooktop would be on an island (I know, I know, but we we really debated the pros and cons of this) and we very rarely fry anything. The vast majority of high temp cooking is on the outdoor grill, which gets used a lot.

I had been looking at the Zephyr Milano with 715 CFM, but thinking that might be stronger then we need if we go with induction. (We did do a demo at Purcell Murray and we were told with induction we could even do a downdraft, but that seems waaay too optimistic a solution.) We're on the fence with induction versus gas and if induction helps with the venting issue that would be another factor in favor on induction.

PS On another induction thread I asked about about safety features and ended up with all sorts of useful info about induction and some really helpful suggestions. I appreciate everyone's patience as I feel I have overstayed my welcome on this topic!

Comments (10)