SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_16647

Shower Curbs Bill/Mongo...?'s again

User
15 years ago

I just saw your great pics in another thread Bill, the one regarding installation of those small brick tiles. The pics are fantastic, and I can see why you're proud of them. However, they brought up yet another question regarding our own installation. (Didn't want to hi-jack the thread)

To refresh your memory, we've gutted the bathroom & are building a walk in shower with about a 50 inch opening. The shower door will be a semi frameless sliding door with a metal frame that attaches to the curb. Our PITA contractor keeps saying we need bullnose for the curb and edges of the shower, claiming without it, the grout lines can be kind of rough on the curb and ugly on the edges. I saw what he wants to do in a vinette at the Tile Shop. It does have a pretty clean look and as usual I'm sure it's the method of least resistance for him. I wouldn't really have a problem with it, but that bullnose isn't cheap. I don't know how many mosaic sheets would be required vs. how many 11.8 inch bullnose pieces, but most likely it will cost a lot more to use the bullnose than the mosaic. And as we've discussed in other threads, I'm not thrilled about paying more just for the sake of convenience. The new tile store I'm really interested in buying from doesn't even carry bullnose. So can you tell me about the different options for covering a curb, what YOUR preferred method is for the best result. If the means are more expensive, but justify the out come, it's worth it to us to spend the extra, we just want to be sure it's for the right reasons. Thanks once again.

Comments (10)