SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
michael1252

Re: Bluestar Oven Burner Flashback and Broiler Power

michael1252
15 years ago

I just had my 48" RNB installed and have had some problems and observations that I was curious if anyone else had them as I have not been able to find them in postings.

First the main oven burner works fine when first turned on but after about 30min it starts to burner back to the nozzle and inside the tube making a freight train like sound. The white glove person tried adjusting the shutter without any luck. He did remark it was odd that it needed to be closed down so far as propane usually is requires the shutter almost wide open as it is on the other burners on my stove. Matt has sent a service person to change the bracket on the nozzle in the next week. Has this happened to anyone else?

Second, the broiler heat is rather underwhelming given how blazing hot they are characterized in advertisements. It cooks a steak well but no carmelization. It has a nice blue pillow of flame but never glows red. Is this typical.

Thirdly, it seems that if the broiler is going after a while the flame on the burners on the stovetop start to get larger , purplish and yellow tipped. They start out normal and all blue when the oven is cool. Anyone else notice this.

Fourth, the small oven door takes this odd hop on the left side as you close it. the direction and size of the hop depends on which side of the handle you hold as you close it. Matt is going to have the service person change the hinges.

Overall you can't beat the power and control of the burners thats why I bought.

Any thoughts?

Comments (3)