SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tinker1121

Dog urine odor in recently purchased home

tinker1121
11 years ago

I have read tons of information regarding ridding carpet of urine odors and for now trying to avoid pulling up the carpet but seems inevidable.

Recently bought a town home where they obvisouly kept two dogs in the dining room. The odor is very bad and I used Odoban eculyptis scent in my steam cleaner and thought I solved the problem but did not rinse with clear water as I have read in several places and odor returned after a week.(trying to avoid replacing the carpet for now as would love to tear up and put laminiate in the sharing kitchen and DR areas but cost prohibitive right now.

Having the entire house professionally steam cleaned by an independant company with truck mounted equipment to see what the results will be in the dining room and still may have to bite the bullit and tear it up but need to try this first.

I have also ordered a product called Genesis 950 which I will try with my machine prior to the carpet cleaners.

Has anyone had any luck with ridding the urine odor with steam cleaning? I called all the cleaners in my area, even the disaster restoration type and no one seems to want to give advice on this. Also, how hard is it to pull up the carpet and treat and assume would need I need a professional to get it back onto the tack board?

Comments (10)