SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scootermom_gw

Bosch Dishwasher - jerky racks...what about Miele?

scootermom
16 years ago

Hello -- I desperately need a new dishwasher to replace our catastrophically leaky KitchenAid (RIP, I loved it up til now).

Saw a couple of Bosch DWs at Sears yesterday. Would like to get one, but to me, the racks seemed to operate kind of jerkily. The top rack didn't pull out smoothly. The bottom rack was not only jerky, but it didn't seem to have a definitive track to stay in -- it was all over the place. Maybe having the weight of dishes inside would keep it on track better, but I don't want to deal with a wandering rack. The Maytag on display next to them had racks that operated very smoothly and a definite track and stopping point for the bottom rack; much better in comparison. I just couldn't pull the trigger on the Bosch with that kind of operation. I saw 3 Bosch models: one with adjustable top rack, and two where you have to remove the top rack to adjust it. My current KA has adjustable upper rack, but it operates pretty smoothly.

So my questions: Bosch DW owners, do you find the racks operate to your satisfaction, and if so, what model is it? I'm wondering if maybe Sears carries the lower end models, and maybe I need to see a higher end model. My other choice was a Miele, so if any Miele owners can comment on how their racks work, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments (8)