SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

It's a long way to Monday

luvstocraft
17 years ago

Okay, we are dying here--and it's a long way to Monday for pics of this weeks finds.

I can't think of anything exciting to do and post pics of. Haven't even rearranged a room or changed out a tabletop or shelf to share with you.

With the rainy weather, I had hoped Judith would "play" with her collection of dishes and have some new inspiration for us. Hint, hint. ;o)

We need some more eye candy--can anyone help?

Luvs

Comments (32)

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

I'm with you, Luvs! I don't have anything either. Somebody please post some pics of anything.

Kathleen, what cha got for us????

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

OK. I posted the reply above and it did not show up. I had to close this site out 3 times and hit refresh before I saw my reply. Doesn't sound too good ladies. I sure hope we don't go down again.

• Related Discussions

It's been WAY too long...

Q

Comments (7)
    Speaking of recipies, you know what I figured out? I can make a pesto out of just about any herb. I now do it with Parsley, and I plan on doing it with Lovage and Tarragon this year also. What I learned from some folks here, is to put the pesto in ice-cube trays, then empty the trays into freezer bags. Then I can just take a couple out and add it to whatever I'm cooking or use as is on pasta or whatever. I can have fresh herb flavors in the winter! Love it! I don't have to worry about fresh herbs spoiling! Linda
    ...See More

Long Weekend Trivia - Monday

Q

Comments (9)
    It's called Microdictyon umbilicatum, and it is a green algae that grows on coral reefs in the sea. I don't really know anything about it, I just thought it was a cool picture. The picture is magnified 20x, which is probably why you all didn't recognize it. :-) for Nell, Nancy, and Stagerat, who were close enough. Gotta go. Grandsons are here today. TM
    ...See More

Is Cyber Monday really a good way to get discounts on appliances?

Q

Comments (1)
    As an across the board better time- no. you can score deals on certain units though. Washer and dryers seem to be popular. Keep in mind the "delas" are usually limited in number, so you have to be one of the first people there which means crowds. If they're not limited - you can take that as a sign it's not that special a deal.
    ...See More

A little nagging goes a long way :)

Q

Comments (5)
    He's not a bad guy....just lazy but ONLY when it comes to doing things he doesn't like. If it's something like yard work or cooking he'll do it all day long! I guess hinting just doesn't work with him. You have to be direct and to the point. You have to tell him what you wanthim to do. COmplaining about it or making reference to it is pointless. Once I started giving out direct orders he started getting on it. I was just worried I'd look like Wifezilla if I started barking orders left and right but it would appear that's what gets him hopping.
    ...See More
  • judithva
    17 years ago

Luvs, well a few days ago I pulled out my new pink dishes from Target and started, then I got a call from my Mom informing me she is coming for a visit, May 1 (out of the blue) Ackkkkkk, I have so much stuff to do! So I don't know how much "playing" in the meantime that I can do. I still have all my cake deco stuff I HAVE to do for class...
    Sigh.... Lordy, wait till my mom sees all my dishes, she will be sure that I have lost my mind, I don't share my hobby with my family, simply because they don't get it LOL, (they all live far away anyway.)

I took pictures of my cupcakes.....does that count? LOL

{{gwi:1404037}}

{{gwi:1418901}}

{{gwi:1418902}}

It's the best I can do right now...

• kathleen_li
    17 years ago

Hide the evidence, send some of those dishes to us!!
    Your cupcakes are lovely! How do you get that pattern in the turq one. Do you roll it right into the fondant??
    Do choc, we like chocolate! LOL
    You have plenty of time till your mom comes. And wouldn't she like to arrive to a nicely set table!
    And Sandi, you beat me to the comment...Sandi, what do YOU have for us???
    Maybe later. DH is sitting at the table now eating his kielbassa and kraut sandwich...yuck! I don't want to order him off the table so I can play!!

• yachter123
    17 years ago

Ladies!!! I have been thinking the same thing!! Where are other people, there are some MIA if you ask me, we can't do all the buying & posting, we'll be in the poor house!!!

I am going to some garage pre-sales tonite & a subdivision sale (20+ homes) tomorrow, so maybe I'll have something to post!!

Judith, those are gorgeous cupcakes, too pretty to eat for sure!!!

It's going to be 70 here Sunday, yeah! I'm so tired of the 50's, too cold for me!

• judithva
    17 years ago

Kathleen, lol, she might appreciate it, she always set a proper table "as my dad expected", but she won't understand why I have so many...... Plus I have a ton of yard work to do, and my house will NEVER be clean enough for her..sigh..
    Directions on fondant: You roll out the fondant, press the stamp or embosser into it, then cut it out with the cutter. And what your hubby is eating...MMMM kielbassa, yum, but kraut YUCK!

• tamgypsy
    17 years ago

Uhm...I didn't buy anything exciting....I got yesterday a couple black distressed pedestals/CD storage thingies that I had ordered. I am using them next to my Diningroom buffet to place some faux palm planters on. I haven't taken pictures but I guess I could tonight if anyone is interested.
    Judith...love those cupcakes they are very pretty and it would be difficult to eat them without feeling guilty about having destroyed a 'masterpiece'...lol
    I also have loads of yardwork to do this weekend and it's supposed to be in the mid 60's I am so excited about getting out of the house for a few hours without freezing to death...:o)

Kathleen...I can do without the kielbasa but I love the kraut...lol...it's my 'duty' to like kraut I am german afterall...lol..besides that I love 'every type' of veggie there is...brusselsprouts, cabbage, okra, asparagus all of it...lol

• judithva
    17 years ago

tamgypsy, I'd love to see the the pedestals! I can't eat too many of the cup cakes, I have a weight problem as it is.

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

Yachter, Thank goodness you have some yard sales to hit. I'm needing inspiration desperately. LOL

Kathleen, I love kraut. It's also fantastic on pizza! And I'm trying to get another tablesetting together. I just don't have everything I need yet. Or the money to buy it. LOL

Tamgypsy, We would like pics of your pedelstals. And good thinking...cd storage and pedelstals for your faux palms. And I love all veggies also. I've never met a cabbage I didn't like! ;~)

Judith, I know you are enjoying your cake deco class. Nice cupcakes. I particularly like the way the one with the swirl of white icing is presented.

• kathleen_li
    17 years ago

Okay Ladies, something to look at...first drafts if you will..Your turn!!! A little blurry, I was rushing!

{{gwi:1418904}}

The hydrangea in the blue pitcher are ones I dried last fall.

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

WOW, Kathleen. I like them all. I love all the different ways you've mixed your dishes and napkins. You sure got a lot of different looks for just that. I have to go back and keep looking to take in all of the details.
    I love your new placemats. And are those the new lemons you bought? Very realistic looking. And info please on your white chargers. You did a great job on everything.

• kathleen_li
    17 years ago

Lemons from the dollar store.
    Blue and yellow round mats from Kohl's , 50 % off sale yesterday, less it was Geezer Day so I told them , give me the Sr. discount! So that made them 2.13 each. But they had only 2 left in blue and 4 in yellow. (my friend is bringing me some back from Bealls in Fla..she got them for 1.99, 6 more blue and yellow.
    The white chargers I had in the pantry, 2.00 from Noritake a few years ago.. I bought them as serving plates before I got charger fever. I only have 4!
    I am trying to figure a pink and white, (sorry Karen!) I will have to use a tablecloth, and I would like to get some pink salad plates.
    And Tam, I bought this shell ball yesterday so now I will have to do a seaside table and serve SAND wiches!

• kathleen_li
    17 years ago

And before I really set the table for dinner, the last

I really need some lavend mats and naps to bring out that color from the dishes. or a pale green.
    But it's just something to look at..and it gives me an idea of what I need if I were to do a whole table.

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

Kathleen, You have been holding out on us! LOL That's a pretty setting also. Do your yellow placemats match this last set? And what about the yellow and green napkins from the 1st pic? Either way, I love the dishes.

• kathleen_li
    17 years ago

There really isn't yellow in the dishes, beige and green and lav. I just have salad and bowls for this..another Noritake find years ago. Thought it would be good for breakfast outside. But I will look for something that picks up the colors. Told you I had lots of stuff in the basement!!!

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

In the pic it looks like the pears are yellow. Whatever color they are, they're pretty. And you don't need dinner plates for them as they look very nice with you white dinner plates.

I want to come play in your basement! ;~)

• Purplemoon
    17 years ago

I'm with Sandi on things she said. Dang, Kathleen, your basement sounds like Toyland to me! Your table settings are all wonderful and I keep looking trying to pick a favorite but can't yet. However, I now realize I need a course in Napkin Folding. Oh dear, I'm in real trouble cause I haven't a CLUE how to do this. Spending all my youth and pretty much most of my adulthood outside or with animals sure has me lacking in certain areas!
    As for your pink table, I can't wait. Both pink and yellow, as well as pastel colors, never were my thing. Tho I once found out I'm what is called a "winter person" so guess that explains it. Went to color consultation once upon a time and discovered dark colors look best on me and are also what I prefer in things anyway. But you and Judith are messing with my mind. LOL. So now I'm liking things I never dreamed would interest me.

Karen

• kathleen_li
    17 years ago

Yep, you can come organize it. From me digging looking for play things it is a mess. Did you notice I found the blue wine glasses, they have an aqua tinge to them I think.

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

Kathleen, I was so busy looking at everything else I missed that your stems were light blue. I had to go back and look and they are very pretty.

• marylmi
    17 years ago

I like all your settings!!! They are all so pretty, I couldn't pick a favorite! I would sort of have one picked out and then go back to look again and decide on another one.....great looks, all of them

Love the hydrangeas too. A few years ago I had a small hydrangea tree and tryed drying some but they just didn't turn out and since then, the tree has 'perished'!

• marylmi
    17 years ago

Judith your cupcakes are so pretty and fancy! They would be too nice to eat!

I took a course probably ten years ago and I wish we had made cupcakes like that! I can make a rose but I never practiced making the fancy borders. Now they most likely have all kinds of newer tips. Great job!!

• kathleen_li
    17 years ago

Get another hydrangea, Mary, They are so pretty. And sometimes the flowers don't keep their color when dried. Depends on when you cut and dry them I think. I Love them! Can't wait for them all to bloom so I can take pics of them for all of you or y'all as they say!

• kathleen_li
    17 years ago

Thanks, Karen, I have a book on napkin folding and I practice everyday...NOT!
    Well, I am glad you wouldn't go yuck at the pink table. Of course if Judith or Sandi do a pink one, I will haave to stick mine in between so no one will notice. And, I am not doing piggy charms on the glasses, LOL.

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    17 years ago

OMG! Look what happens on here when I leave for the day! All I can say is WOW!

Judith, your cupcakes look so pretty as well as yummy. I especially love the way you displayed them with the flowers and the lace. How'd you get the lace to take the shape of the cupcake like that. Do you starch them heavy and shape them to the cupcake pan ahead of time? However, you do it, I love it.

Know you will love being able to spend some quality time with your Mom, but also totally understand what you mean about family not understanding our "passions" for certain things. I've always been a craft nut, and sometimes they look at me like I am crazy--or they show me things that are NOT cute, clever or anything I would ever want in my home! LOL Just hide your excess dishes under the beds or out in the garage for while she is here so you won't have to explain any of it--nothing you say is gonna make sense to her anyway. And when you have your shelves built in the garage--better put doors with locks on them just for circumstances like this. LOL

And Kathleen--seven pics of eye candy for us! Wow! I couldn't pick a favorite either, but I love your round placemats. And your cute pitchers! The one in the first picture is sooo perfect with your lemons and the yellow placemat--and I'm usually not a yellow fan. And all that fancy napkin folding--where'd you learn to do that--just like in a four star restaurant! I love how versatile the fruit plates are, both the yellow and blue look great with them, and I am sure green would too. Can't believe your dried hydranga kept their color that well--I so hope mine bloom well this year. Now I know who to ask for tips on drying them.

Well, I was feeling sorta down when I started this post this morning. Now I feel all energized and energetic again thanks to all of you. This forum is just so great for my morale. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Luvs

• tamgypsy
    17 years ago

Wow kathleen ...look at ya go...love the yellow and blue settings...all are really pretty...the napkin folding is awesome...another thing I know nuttin' about...lol
    Great wordplay Kathleen...SANDwich...LOL...I can't wait to see your seashell table..;o)
    Here are my pedestals for $25 each including shipping ...not great but the cheapest option I could live with...everything else I saw was $70 and above....Don't pay attention to the cords for my plantlights...I haven't figured out how to hide them yet...

{{gwi:1418910}}

{{gwi:1418911}}

{{gwi:1418912}}

{{gwi:1418913}}

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

I have to admit...I have never been a blue person, but I find myself wanting to do a blue and yellow table. Look what you've done to me, Kathleen! LOL

Tamgypsy, I love your cd pedestals. They look very nice where you have them. Please take a pic for us with the plant lights shining on them. To hide your cords run them straight down the back of the cd pedestal and then tuck them along the wall as low as you can under the baseboard and maybe the carpet will hide them. If they still show too much maybe you can roll up the dark cord behind the pedestal and buy a light colored extension cord to run along the wall.

And...what do I see on your table???

• kathleen_li
    17 years ago

Tam, they look great with your buffet, and a great price too. Now that first pic looks like it is right out of a amgazine. Good job!
    I will take a pic of the shell ball for the Monday purchase thread.

• tamgypsy
    17 years ago

LOL...sandi...uhm you are seeing some placemats, chargers and flateware...on the rest I am drawing a blank right now ...I'll come up with something...at some point...lol
    Thank you for the tips on how to hide the cords...I will try that...problem I may have is that the two lights are connceted to each other by a switch that is hidden under the buffet and there is no extra cord left...I am not sure if it would look right to push the pedestals closer to the buffet...but in order to hide the cord I may have to...or buy two independent lights...
    Oh thanks Kathleen...:)
    it must be the light...the room had really nice light tonight because the sun was out...on a cloudy day that room is a pain to take pictures of because it looks all washed out...I'll wait patiently for your picture...:)

• marylmi
    17 years ago

Tamgypsy,

Really like your pedestals. They can be used in so many different ways and they look great in your dining room.

• yachter123
    17 years ago

Karen, I'll link to a site for napkin folding, haven't looked at it yet myself, so don't know how easy it is.

Kathleen, you have done beautiful tablesettings, that takes time to find everything, I know what you mean about digging thru the basement! I also have the lemons from DT and your napkin folds are so pretty!

Tam, your diningroom gets prettier all the time, I love the pedestals & the plants!

Here is a link that might be useful: Napkin Folding

• Purplemoon
    17 years ago

Thanks for the link on Napkin Folding, Yach.

Tam, those pedestals are wonderful. Can you buy cords a beige to blend in with your wall, or paint yours??

Luvs, thanks for instigating all the great eye candy today!

Karen

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Tam, your pedestals are perfect, but your plants are really gorgeous too. Cords are always such a pain, aren't they?

Karen, no thanks needed for me--just thank all these ladies for posting all the great eye candy.

Luvs

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor
More Discussions