SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
conn123_gw

My GC will kill me if I don't decide soon-Pls help!

conn123
14 years ago

Hi everyone,

Need your help on a decision.

We have a bathroom off the foyer (adjacent to the formal Living room / Dining room) on the first floor of our house that will serve double duty as a powder room bath and pool/cabana bath. The question is do we put in a shower (for quick rinse offs out of the pool for guests, kids, etc.) OR do we dispense with the shower altogether so the room is a slightly more formal powder room? (There is another shower off a guest room on the first floor but it would require walking all the way through the house with wet feet, etc.)

We were planning on very clean, classic lines. Glass shower to keep things open. But I am torn when I look at some of the beautiful powder rooms in here. (I've also drooled over pharao's BLING bathroom but don't think we could do something quite like that...our house is an 1860's New England Carriage House / Barn).

And last but not least: is it possible (or even desirable) to camouflage a shower stall (about 4' x 3') as a closet? In other words, to put a wood door (lined I suppose on the inside) that would open to a small shower so you wouldn't see it unless you were looking for it. Any pics or advice on this kind of option would be great.

Thanks!

Comments (5)