SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
66and76

Tiny Bathroom Bianco Carrara porcelain tile

66and76
10 years ago

I hesitated as to whether to post our tiny, humble bathroom renovation. I have drooled over many of your beautiful transformations. We had no room to bump out our 5x8 bathroom and didn't want to spend a lot of money on such a small space. A previous owner had installed the one-piece fiberglass tub/shower unit in the early 1970's. It needed to go! We replaced the toilet and vanity a couple of years ago and decided to keep them.

At first I wanted real carrara marble but, after reading all the pros and cons, I selected American Olean Mirasol Bianco Carrara porcelain tile: 12x12 matte on the bathroom floor, 10x14 glossy for the shower walls, and 2x4 matte mosaic for the shower floor. The grout is Procolor ProSpec Moonlight. The shower doors are KOHLER Fluence with clear glass. The hot/cold handles and shower head are Pfister polished chrome, which match the sink handles.

The local contractor we hired turned out to be a gem: friendly, on time, efficient, clean, and very professional. I know we are going to enjoy our updated bathroom.

The room is so small, it was hard to take a picture. I'll put the finished picture on the next entry.
Before:

Comments (20)