SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susied

Lacanche Ranges Part 41

Susied3
13 years ago

Oh gee, my hands are shaking just starting this new thread! I am a believer in "bad karma", so after reading this post, if y'all feel I need to delete and let someone else start it, I will do so in a nanosecond! Don't want to bring anyone else bad luck!

BUT I need advice and couldn't post on part 40, so here goes. I ordered my Cluny1400 last April, received a badly damaged one in October. This was NOT AC or Lacanche's fault, it was done during shipping! LET's be clear! :)

And, they have been good about the trouble, Victoria knew that I wasn't concerned about delivery date other than I wanted to be cooking on it by Christmas. Well, that was not to be, obviously, and they even offered to send me a "loaner" in order to cook on Christmas! Now, THAT is customer service! I declined, after all, when we fire it up, we want it to be our "real" one, right? So, they ordered another, and it was delivered in February. OK,

beautiful, perfect, couldn't have been happier.... Then we put the grates on. One wobbled like crazy. Switched grates, with another, STILL a bad wobble. So, called them. As usual, they are very accommodating. The service dept was sure it was just a bad grate, so they sent a new one. Same thing... My DH measured, it was off a little more than an 1/8". The service dept. came up with an idea to make a larger foot which would level the grate. They sent it, and it works, no wobble. Now, I have two concerns, and I'm wondering if I should just go on, get over it. Dang! I want to cook! When you look at the range, it's visible. And, secondly, DH is wondering if it may make the flame unlevel.He put a level on the burner vs grate and they are definitely unlevel in comparison of each. Just looking at it, it looks as if it would. You have one side over an 1/8" so, would that "really" make a difference in uneven cooking? It doesn't sound like much, but is it? I have pictures, if anyone is interested in taking a look to see if you notice.

I read all the posts, look at the pictures, it's what convinced me to buy sight unseen, and I'm still convinced. I just feel like the "black sheep" of the family. :( And I cry every time I see all the wonderful experiences everyone has! NOT because I'm envious, I just LOVE all the beautiful ranges, I'm just feeling a little "guilty", almost like somebody up there doesn't want me to have one!

Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Only other option is a new top, this one is obviously warped, but if not SO bad, I sure don't want to be more trouble.

I know one thing, I LOVE the black, but after seeing all your gorgeous colors, if it came to a new one again, I'd stick my neck out and get RED! LOL

Thanks in advance

Comments (150)