SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caligirl_cottage

Clawfoot tub and young children. Help settle marital conflict

caligirl_cottage
16 years ago

Okay, so I'll admit at the outset that I'm looking for some backup in my debate with my husband on this. We have a clawfoot tub that he lovingly (well, I don't know if love was involved, but time and sweat were) restored. He didn't do the inside, just the outside but it took many days of work. We had it in our home for about six years and then removed it to undertake a major remodel of the entire house. He wants to put it back in, and the only bathroom that will fit it is the children's bathroom (ages 7 and 9). I am really reluctant to put it in because I don't think they're particularly practical for showering, kids, getting in and out. It was great for baths when the kids were little, but now I just see them either careening out as they try to step up and way down, or just soaking the bathroom because they don't close the shower curtains properly.

Oh and one more bit of info. The cost difference is basically a wash between this bathtub we own, (but need to add better shower riser and refinish the inside), versus buying a new basic tub and valve. I figure we're in for $600-$700 regardless of whether we keep it or not.

Does anyone have experience with this? Good or bad? I promise I won't delete the positive responses on this, I really want a balanced discussion.... really!

Thanks

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations