SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chencita

Cooktop (DCS, Bosch?), wall oven, Bosch built-in refrigerator

chencita
10 years ago

Gas cooktop: ideally, sealed burners with pretty high BTUs (11K+) on all (or most) burners, while also having decent simmer capabilities. It sounds like DCS with dual-stacked sealed burners might fit the bill at $1200. I had also looked at Capital Maestro, but I have read that the simmer is not as good.

For wall ovens, I am not that picky. The Bosch 500/800 sounds fine, and since we are doing a Bosch dishwasher, I am tempted to go with that. At the same time, I see that Bosch has a gas cooktop, and if we get enough Bosch, there are better rebates.

Background: I was originally looking at 30" ranges, then 36" cooktop with double wall oven. But now I am considering a gas cooktop with single wall oven and Breville smart oven - if the wall oven is under the counter, perhaps under the cooktop, then we gain additional counter space.

Questions:

(1) Any more feedback on DCS cooktop vs other options?

(2) Will the DCS (or other) work over a wall oven? I looked at the manuals and it looks okay.

(3) Bosch 36" built-in fridge: I am wincing at the cost of a Subzero, so I am interested in comparisons to Liebherr, Kitchenaid and other built-ins. I wouldn't get the Thermador over the Bosch for the price difference.

Thanks!

Comments (7)