SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
san__gw

cleaning a crystal vase

san_
19 years ago

i've read (and i think tried) just about every tip i can think of but am still hoping someone has "the" answer for me. the interior of a favored crystal vase is cloudy or milky. i have been able to clean the first inch or so of the neck of the vase using a toothbrush--that looks perfectly fine! i have also been able to clean the bottom because i could get a different brush all the way to it but the sides slope away and i can't apply enough pressure to manually clean the glass.

the vase was a present from my husband at least 20 years ago and i don't understand why this has "suddenly" become a problem. within the last month, i have tried soaking it in vinegar, letting oxiclean sit overnight in it, swirling around coarse-grained salt until my wrists hurt from shaking the vase, tang dissolved in water (works great on cleaning the inside of the dishwasher but didn't do a thing in this case), and probably another thing or two i don't immediately recall. i haven't tried a polident tablet yet but if you don't know of other possible ideas, i'll buy a box of those. i'd appreciate hearing whatever ideas you might know about. thanx in advance!

Comments (18)