SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lesliestrunk

cat pee ruined my couch

lesliestrunk
17 years ago

the sad thing is, it wasn't my cat. my cat was locked in my bedroom all day where she has her litterbox and has peace from the dogs. the dogs had the downstairs to themselves, with doggie doors available to go outside. i got home from work and the downstairs positively reeked with that unmistakable MALE CAT smell. the couch was the target - right in the middle so he got both seat cushions and the back of the couch and it went down into the springs. i figure he wandered in while the dogs were snoozing and when they woke up they probably freaked out at the strange cat and that probably freaked him out. i had the cleaners out that crate & barrel recommended(where i bought the beautiful red couch only 5 years ago) and of course they wouldn't guarantee anything and we agreed the foam in the cushions was totally ruined. they did the cleaning and used the deodorizer and it was ok but when i got home and smelled the cushion covers it was just as bad. i don't want to go spend anothe $300 replacing the foam only to have the covers still stink. so i am actually going to have to go out and buy a new couch. i know everyone says natures miracle and the other enzyme cleaners work but i just don't believe it will really get this horrible odor out of my couch...and don't know if i want to spend as much time working on it as i think it would take, for another non-guaranteed result. i'm just venting and looking for sympathy. thanks in advance.

Comments (8)