SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nick905

T-shirt holes

nick905
17 years ago

I have several new 100% cotton t-shirts that have developed tiny holes in multiple locations on each shirt. For a while I couldnÂt figure out what was causing it, it is defiantly not moths and it doesnÂt look like abrasive damage (chemical or physical).

However, hears the thing; I have a VERY old t-shirt (not the ones mentioned above) that has holes in it from just being plan old, but the fabric has been washed so much it looks like the fabric fibers have gotten thin and frail around the holes. Which brings me back to my newer t-shirts;

They all are from mall stores like Hollister, or American Eagle and have a "vintage" wash. IÂm not practically rough with my clothing and wash on a normal cycle but the fibers NOW look "thinned". Could it be that the special effect treatments/washes that these companies give to there clothing be compromising the integrity of the fibers? Has any one else had this problem? Its pretty sad that they charge 25+ dollars for a t-shirt that will only last for 3-4 washes.

Comment (1)