SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bmh4796

too small for master bedroom??

bridget helm
11 years ago

Is 11x15 way too small for a master bedroom? I can make it wider, but not any deeper than 11 feet. I guess we would not be able to put anything on the wall opposite the head board besides a 12 foot console of some sort to put a small flat screen TV on. We do have a 2 foot deep by 3 feet wide chest of drawers, but I could design the closet in a way that we could incorporate the drawers in there.

Everything is working on the plans except for that. I guess I could take a foot off of the kitchen width of the den depth to get an extra foot in the bedroom depth. The den is 19x18. The kitchen, not including the breakfast room is 16x12. So there's really no room to borrow there.

My desire to have a side loading garage on a lot that's only 60 feet wide is causing the problems. I just need 2 more feet!!! Ahhhh. Does a driveway have to be 11 feet wide? Can it be 10? I know the area to turn into the garage has to be at least 20 feet wide, but can the part from the street to the 20 foot wide area be only 10 feet?

Comments (25)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio