SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suzienj

Products for Cleaning my house! see my list

suzienj
14 years ago

Hi-- we have a new house and so i'm super paranoid about ruining anything- hence I'm starting a list of what I can use on each thing---

I grew up with a cleaning lady so mom never taught me to clean.....so this has been quite the experiance researching. I would appreciate any info on what you use to clean....

1st-- Tile floor in Kitchen-- per tile guy I am to use Ivory Dishwashing Soap b/c of the new grout..... (the kitchen is big and cleaning them on my hands/knees is killing my back) any suggestions?? is there a good mop on the market that i should get??

2nd- Granite- Using Granite Gold Cleaner and Polish

3rd- Caesarstone- I've tried a few things- Method Granite Cleaner, Soft Scrub Gel with Bleach and Perfect Countertop(from Lowes)--

4th Silestone- 409®, Fantastik®, Lysol®, or Windex®.

5th - Corian- (my brand new corian is already all scratched up) ugggg, thank god its in a small sink area that can be replaced down the road-- This is what corian says to use-- Soapy water, ammonia based cleaners (not window cleaners as they can leave a waxy build up that may dull the surface) or commercially available solid surface cleaners will remove most dirt and residue from all types of finishes. (SO What is soapy water amnia based cleaner????)

6th- Wood floors- Mirage wood cleaner and/or spray bottle filled with water/white vinegar

7th- Wood furniture- Pledge spray for dusting

8th-- Bathtub-- whats the best thing to use for bathtubs??

9th-- Tile in showers- how do you clean this??

10th- Tile floor in bathrooms - how do you clean this??

11th- Shower in general-- how do you approach showers and clean them?

Thank you!!!

Comments (29)