SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
san__gw

silver problem and new (to me) solution

san_
18 years ago

typically, i get out the silver storage chest for our sterling flatware in october or november and make sure it's ready for the holiday season. and by mid-january, it looks lousy! so i polish it all and put it away until next year. today it looked way worse than usual and i got out the wright's "anti tarnish silver polish" that is one of several products recommended. i quickly washed the pieces in hot soapy water and then polished as usual. 2 plated and 1 sterling piece still looked rather dark and dull so i decided to use some of hagerty's silver polish to see if that worked better.

i was amazed at how dirty the wash cloth i was using was--those 3 pieces had just been washed and polished but there was a significant amount of tarnish left on the cloth! so i looked at the jar of polish again and found i had bought something i'd never used before. it's made by hagerty but is called "silversmith's wash". and those 3 pieces look the way the other pieces do--bright and shiny! i have a silverplated candleholder that i love but had just about given up on. as soon as i remember where i put it, i'm going to put this stuff to a REAL test! in any case, if you have sterling or plate that you thought might not ever again look like you want it to, try this stuff. i'm really very pleased!

Comments (25)