SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
iloverpinkoses

50's gray/red/blue bathroom redo - help

iloverpinkoses
12 years ago

p.s. How can I email you guys the pic of my bathroom? I dont know how to post it! Here's another issue:: HELP! If we remove the pretty floral wallpaper (mildew stains won't come out) and have the wall skimcoated - what color would go with gray /red tile??? and baby blue tub and toilet? This wallpaper has been my saving grace for that color combination. Looks pretty as it could for what the tile combination is.

Should i:

1. Have the ceiling (thousands of cracked paint chips) redone and new molding and

2. Skimcoat the walls and paint it a _______ color?

3. What about the gray tile? We are concerned to take on the job. Reglaze it white? One part of the wall is bulging in one area. Who knows what can of worms would open up???? We just wanted it to be clean, and functional and of course cottagey-charming - pretty.

I had an idea that if I was stuck w/ the tile (gray/red) to paint the walls the same color as background of wallpaper (arctic blue) and then buy wallpaper, cut out the cabbage roses and simply decoupage them on in areas to get the cottagey look back. That will again, tie in all the funky colors.

What do u think of that???

Comments (5)