SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dining_delight

A Wee Bit o' the Green for Ye!

15 years ago

I have a "wee bit" of Irish in me (my great-grandmother immigrated to Canada from Ireland) so I feel I should put out a few St. Patrick's Day decorations.

Here is a little vignette I did on our coffee table. I got the square shamrock plates at HomeSense and the leprechaun & pot of gold at a local drugstore.

My centerpiece for my tablescape is a cross with shamrocks on it that I got at HomeSense. It says "God Bless Your Days" and is the same on both sides of it. I always hate it when one side of the table has to look at the back of something!

Flanking the centerpiece, I used my trio of cylindrical vases with wire shamrock garland inside.

My everday dishes which have tiny green leaves on the border were put to use for this occasion. Chocolate Gold coins were scattered over the table and became part of the dessert course!

Here is the tablescape all together. It was a seating for 4 as our DD and her SO came to visit last weekend. She had requested one of her favourites,Cream of Broccoli & Cheddar soup so I served one "green" thing! (Took pic before bowls were put on - they match the plates)

Here is my table setting from last year. You can see how I kind of did the opposite this year by using a gold tablecloth and green placemats versus the green tablecloth and gold placemats of last year.

A close-up of the centerpiece last year.

Hope you have a very Happy St. Patrick's Day! Erin Go Bragh! Don't forget to wear GREEN!

DD

Comments (14)

Sponsored
More Discussions