SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
buyorsell888

I need help, DH demo'd the bathroom

buyorsell888
14 years ago

We've needed our only bath remodeled since we bought the house in 1994 but he grabbed a hammer last week and took out all the (moldy, peeling) drywall on a whim.

We have not picked out faucets, shower/tub hardware, or lighting.

We have a vanity and linen tower in whitewashed maple, very neutral styling. Not country, not modern.

White toilet, white tub are staying. Going to tile around the tub to the ceiling with soft sage green with a border of porcelain tiles that looks like natural slate (mostly gray with green and brown) which is what is going on the floor with a heat mat. The porcelain tile comes in 12 x 12 for the floor and a 4" high linear mosaic for the border. Have a new fiberglass window that opens above eye level in the shower.

House is a 1952 single story with bungalow details. Coved ceilings, hardwood floors, we love Craftsman/Mission design.

Have no idea what to do for faucets/shower. I'm liking brushed nickle. We are shower people but DH refuses to take out the tub and do a walk in tile shower. He thinks it would hurt resale of the house. We've lived here 16 years and have no plans to move but he flat out refuses. I've been on him about it for over five years. He isn't giving in.

We've been to Home Depot and Lowe's and nothing really grabs me but Price Pfister's Pasadena faucet.

I don't want a shower head that blasts me with little needles like some hotels have but I have a lot of hair that needs thorough rinsing. When we shower together currently, one of us is freezing and out of the spray. Would like to fix that. He is replacing all the plumbing in the bathroom, can do any configuration we want for shower but am sooo confused. A showerhead on both ends? One in the ceiling and one on the wall? a sliding bar with handheld? we have a handheld now and only take it off the base to clean the shower.

I'm a terrible lazy cleaner and he is just as bad. NO kids. I'm thinking brushed nickle would be better than polished chrome. we have naturally soft water here.

I'm reading back threads but thought I'd post for advice.

Thanks.

Comments (8)