SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carriage_gw

Help! I promised hubby I'd pick a dishwasher TODAY! (Viking???)

carriage
13 years ago

I am paralyzed with information... and yet feel I just can NOT get the information I need! Does anyone else find this problem, now that we have these wonderful forums and the infinite web at our disposal???

Our Bosch Evolution died after 11 years, and given the repair cost vs. a new one, especially since I didn't love it, we're getting a new one. We found the Bosch didn't work quite as well as we hoped. We aren't rinsers or even scrapers... We don't put plates in with chunks or anything, but a bit of rice, some parsley leaves, the stray onion slice, yes. And we load the thing pretty full. We did empty the filter quite often, and it was usually fairly gross. So... I feel pretty sure I'd like a food grinder. I had one in a different house--a cheap one--and it was loud as all get-out, but it cleaned very well. So now I want one that is quiet, cleans very well, and has a food grinder. We hope to match our Wolf AG range. The new Vikings sound perfect--like one of the Mieles or Bosch, but with a food grinder. But I can only find ONE actual review from someone who has one. Most of the reviews are from folks who had the older ones, before Viking started making them themselves. So... really, I'd just like to buy one with confidence, but they don't publish decibel levels and I haven't read more than one report about how well they work.

Or should I just start scraping more and go with a Miele???

Help!

Comments (14)