SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
milesbella

Need Help with Bathroom Tiles - Backsplash, Above Shower

10 years ago

We have a basement bathroom we're building - currently at the stage of having the drywall textured. The vanity we picked out does not have a backsplash. We were going to use white subway tiles with gray grout as a backsplash, just between the vanity and the wall mirror. Now I'm thinking it's such a small area, that may not look good? The vanity measures 31" across.

I'm debating having the tile on the entire wall (behind the vanity and toilet area) and wrapped around the wall between the toilet and shower stall, but still only up to the bottom of the mirror. This adds quite a bit of money and my husband isn't thrilled with this option.

So do we forego the backsplash altogether? Would it look "dumb" to just have a small backsplash behind the vanity?

We're also putting the subway tiles above the shower stall (clear to the ceiling). The example above doesn't show it but the shower walls go up to the ceiling on three sides and there is an actual wall between where the toilet is and where the shower is. If we don't do a backsplash at all, should we forego the subway tiles and use the same flooring material for above the shower (a dark gray travertine - example on the right below)?

I've attached a general layout of the bathroom. The vanity we have and the floor tile they will be using (travertine). The walls will be Sherwin Williams Agreeable Gray.

HELP!

Comments (9)