SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
buckmarko

Wedi or Laticrete pre-sloped shower pan?

buckmarko
11 years ago

I am a DIY-er and I'm working on a small master bath. I have it gutted to the studs in the shower and the subfloor in the remainder of the br. I'm not able to afford to hire the work to be done, so I'd like to do the work myself, but correctly. I have been reading and researching to where my eyes are about to cross. My plan is to put up cultured granite panels in the shower with accent tile across the top for some extra style and color with matching tile on the floor, and a built in niche as well. I would like to use a pre-sloped pan like the Laticrete or Wedi. Is one as good as the other? I also plan on using Hydro Ban on the joints. The shower is 48 x 32 with no room for expansion. So whatever I get will have to be trimmed. The Wedi is available at a local store, but I would have to order the Laticrete. Not quite sure how much of a price difference there is. Or is there another brand that you would recommend? I was leaning toward Laticrete bc it has the built in drain. Advice? Suggestions? TYIA.

Comments (11)