SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lexmomof3

Need help fast, in the middle of framing!

lexmomof3
11 years ago

We're in the middle of framing and I made some "red-line" changes to a stock plan. One of the changes caused the bathroom door to be smaller than I expected and we didn't realize this until it was framed. There is a bedroom "suite" that will be my 2 yr old's room. The bathroom and closet isn't really "in" the bedroom, it's in an adjoining entry/hallway to the bedroom. It is set up with two doors to the "suite". One is a pocket door that will close off the "suite" when we have guests spend the night and then there's another door that enters the actual bedroom. I like this setup because the bathroom can serve as an everyday guest bathroom and bathroom to that bedroom but I'm worried about the narrow door. Also, because of the limited space available for the pocket door, the pocket door opening, which is directly across from the door to the bedroom doesn't line up exactly. They are about 4.5" off center from each other. So...I'm wondering if I should move the door to the bathroom into the bedroom, eliminate the pocket door and make that the door to the bedroom. The drawings will hopefully make this clearer. Please take a look at drawings and let me know what you think. How would you feel about making the powder room by the side porch the guest bathroom? This picture is the original placement. I'll post my new proposed placement next.

Comments (13)