GET IDEAS
SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
lynninnewmexico

And Here's DH's Valentine's Dinner and My Tablescape

lynninnewmexico
11 years ago

It was wonderful having DH make us dinner last night, while I made the dessert and set our Valentine's table.

Menu: Pan Roasted Peppered Tenderloin Medallions with Cognac Cream Sauce; Caesar Salad; Corn Timbales w Basil Cream (the 3 left over from last night and too yummy to waste); wine; and for dessert, Winter-Spiced Molten Chocolate Cakes with homemade Rum-Ginger Ice Cream.

Ahhhhhh!

Lynn

Our table, from the head. Ooops, I see that I forgot to finish setting the flatware for this pic!

{{gwi:1409121}}

Place setting. My red transferware dinner plates and bowls, with cream filigree plates from CTS last year and my vintage silver-plated goblets turned individual floral accent pieces:

{{gwi:1409122}}

Our plated dinner:

{{gwi:1409123}}

Winter-Spiced Molten Chocolate Cake. I make them from scratch. I found the recipe in Bon Appetite, back in their January 2004 issue. You add white pepper, ground coriander, cardamom and cloves to the batter. The recipe for the Rum-Ginger Ice Cream came with it. All you do is soften good vanilla ice cream, stir in rum and chopped crystallized ginger and refreeze. The result is the most decadent, luscious dessert we've ever eaten!

{{gwi:1409124}}

Close-up of centerpiece on table: a variation of last years'. I was going to do something different, but it didn't work well with my 'stars of the show', my silver goblets. Table topper is a vintage one from Belgium.

{{gwi:1409125}}

I moved my wreath to the dining room window:

{{gwi:1409126}}

And, I ended up tying my new cherub to the lamp on the buffet. Jeanne, I LOVED your idea of hanging it from an old, ornate gold picture frame, but couldn't find one at a reasonable price last week. I'm determined to keep looking for one, though. Because the cherub is 11" long, the frame itself needs to have large, deep molding to balance it.

{{gwi:1409127}}

{{gwi:1409128}}

Comments (21)