SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
heidikay_gw

GE Monogram Dishwasher review

16 years ago

I just got a GE monogram dishwasher 2/1/08. It replaced a ten year old Maytag. I do not preclean dishes before putting them in the dishwasher. If there is leftover food on the plate, I dump it in the disposal and then place the plate in the dishwasher. My old Maytag responded great and dishes came out clean. This is not the case with this new diswasher. The GE Monogram dishwasher can not get anything sticky completely off the dishes or plates. It also sometimes removes food off the plate and redeposits it on the back of the plate next to it. How it does this I have no idea. So now I pretty much have to completely clean all plates and dishes before putting them in the dishwasher.

I have contacted GE about this and they have said I'm stuck. The dishwasher is working as designed and they recommend prerinsing all dishes before washing. But that is not what the owner's manual says. I was told by one of their customer service reps that she wouldn't even put a strand of spaghetti into the dishwasher.

A tine from the top dishwasher rack also broke off within a couple weeks of using it. They are supposed to replace the rack.

On the positive note, it is much quieter than my old dishwasher.

But I personally would never buy this dishwasher again. I think it would only work well for someone that puts all their dishes in the dishwasher spotless.

Heidi

Comments (25)