SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laurensmom21_gw

starting over (ugh) please critique new plan

laurensmom21
10 years ago

Hello all!

If you've been here long enough you probably remember me. I was here several years ago asking for feedback. From wonderful users here, was referred to Mitch Ginn - worked tirelessly to perfect the perfect plan, dh worked hard to bid everything out (we are self building) and it was too much over budget :( boo.

So I'm back at it (I've been at this for around 5 years now and am almost ready to just give up the dream!) If I got paid for every hour I've spent looking at and reworking floorplans I would get a pretty nice fat paycheck!

Some history on us:
Building in IL on 10 acres of pasture
married w/3 kiddos 10,8,6
forever home! or at least till the kiddos go to college
very casual lifestyle
Need master down, large mudroom, lots of storage, 3 bedrooms up
goal is 3000 sqft or under!

Started out wanting to build a big fancy shingle style home with all the character in the world, now I'm down to a simple AFFORDABLE farmhouse! LOL :) I'd still love some character but will have to add that via wood plank walls, hardwood floors, etc...

So here is my latest plan - nothing is set in stone - disregard door swings etc... just looking for feedback on basic layout. I don't have the upstairs (can't figure out how to do that with my program) but hoping to get the downstairs perfected then hand off to a draftsmen. Dh is done spending money on architects (had 3 so far with nothing to show for it except $$ out of our pockets!!!)

hopefully you can see this!

exterior idea:

Comments (32)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio